Radicle Threads is a BBIMP grassroots company that aims to create a sustainable, ethical, and equitable online and print publication with a focus on crafting.
Our mission is to uplift, amplify, and empower BBIMP voices and to share our knowledge, skills, and experiences with the goal of increasing accessibility for all.
We’re looking for patterns inspired by water in all its forms. Create designs inspired by the waves of the ocean, tides, ribbons and shapes of algae, and the river’s current. Find inspiration in the droplets of water on early spring foliage, puddles along your path, reflections, mirror image, and the fog of early mornings.
For our Crochet/Tunisian Crochet patterns, we need
- Tunics using one of the many beautiful wave stitches or create your own by mixing a couple of stitches together.
- Beach cover ups with a unique, fun, shell stitch like grand arches stitches.
- Tank tops using ripple stitches to resemble the ripples over still water.
- Curvy open lace beach skirt wrap.
- Sleeveless long crochet dress
- Oversize sun hat with no open stitches
- Large capacity pool bags
For our Knit Patterns, we need
- Boxy tank tops with open stitches.
- Tees using a beautifully unique wave stitch.
- Light cardigans using open stitches such as the knit shell lace or any eyelet lace stitches.
- Mesh pants style bathing suits perfert for a day poolside sipping margaritas.
- One piece bathing suits.
- Maxi mesh dresses with long side splits great for pool parties.
Crafting tutorials – Macrame, beading, embroidery, sewing, basketry, soapmaking, etc using or inspired by water elements.
Articles – Full Article 700-1000 words, Current Event 600- 800 words, Poem 100 words.
We’re looking for articles covering the following topics of micro-farming: creating a water garden, grey water usage in the garden, collecting rain water for gardening/farming, xeriscaping, and water conservation.
Current events: Water protection, the effects of global warming on our oceans, water pollution, etc.
Poems with a focus on storms, rain, water sources, life in water, etc.
Recipes: For this issue, we are focusing on sweet/savory dishes and drinks that calms and warms the soul, such as stews and soups. Water and seafood based recipes or foods usually enjoyed by the water. Don’t shy away from creative recipes such as Mizu Shingen Mochi, or other similar recipes. Draw inspirations from your own culture, heritage, and ancestry when submitting recipes. Create recipes by experimenting and sharing what you and your family has loved.
Submission Deadline: 27 January 2023 1159PM EST
Articles & recipes emailed to RadT: TBD
Sample Shipped and Articles/photos emailed to RadT:TBD
Selected patterns will be announced middle of February via email.
Mood board: https://pin.it/rze2uWU
Please refer to the mood board to get an idea of what we are looking for. You may submit more than one idea, however, each must be in a separate form for each.