Designer: Cynthia @highcontrastknits
Interstitial is an English adjective, meaning occurring in or occupying a small space. Choose a deep rich fingering weight yarn and a light playful variegated contrast for the swirling fully charted pattern. Mosaic colorwork will create tiny points of dancing light.
The Interstitial socks are knit toe-up in mosaic stitches around the leg and foot, using a magic loop with an afterthought heel. The texture of mosaic knitting may be uncomfortable on the sole of the foot for those with sensory issues, therefore instructions are included for an optional striped stockinette sole.
The knitter should be familiar with cast-on, knit, purl, stitch increase, yarn over, slip stitch, & stitch decrease. Previous sock construction experience not required but helpful.
- Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
- Sizes Included: Four Adult Sizes: S, M (L, XL)
- Yarn Weight: Fingering
- Gauge: 36 sts and 40 rows = 4” / 10cm over Mosaic Stitch, blocked
- Yarn Dyer: Seismic Yarn & Dye Works
- Yardage: MC: 100, 160 ( 220, 280 ) yds CC:180, 240 ( 300, 360 ) yds
- Fiber Type: 85% SW Extra Fine Merino 15% Nylon
- Hook/Needle Sizes: US 1 (2.25mm) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Other Materials: Darning Needle, Stitch Markers, Scrap yarn