Designer: Neisha Abdulla @neishdesign
Moorish Moon is inspired by an Andalusian festival that takes place to mark the Arabic occupation of Spain; to celebrate a time when two very different cultures coexisted. The Festival takes place under the glow of more than 25,000 candles, enhanced by the illumination of the moon.
Moorish Moon is a two color cowl, knit in the round on circular needles. It begins and ends with a 1×1 rib. The color-work pattern consists of an 18 stitch/53 row repeat.
- Sizes Included: 22” x 10” (56 cm x 25 cm)
- Yarn Weight: DK weight
- Gauge: 26.5 sts and 29.5 rows = 4” over Colorwork, blocked
- Yarn Dyer: Mrs Lam Yarns
- Yardage: MC: (Radicle Threads) 168meters/184yards; CC: (Marigold) 40meters/42yards
- Fiber Type: BFL 100% Superwash
- Hook/Needle Sizes: US 4 (3.5mm) circular needle, 16-inch/40 cm or size needed to obtain gauge
US 5 (3.75 mm) circular needle, 16-inch/40 cm or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle